Friday, December 8, 2006

My New Best Friend

I got myself a new DSLR! A Canon 350D to be precise. It's exhilarating learning a new skill, especially one where you can make mistakes over and over again with no real impact on anyone (I'm in the "business" of healthcare - mistakes can be deadly, literally). It's a wonderful diversion from work. I see my environment in "frames" now; how it should be composed, what is the best angle. However, the flowers in my garden have wilted! Will post some photos here when I manage to get some decent shots with my new "best friend".

2 comments:

Winston said...

"I'm in the "business" of healthcare - mistakes can be deadly, literally)."
Well said. At least you have a healthy regard for the work that you are doing.
I think that you may be new to the field of doctoring and have not become cynical or highly mercenary - like most of what our docs are!
Hopefully, you'll stay that way.

fibrate said...

Actually I'm not that new! Cynicism sometimes get the better of me, but at the end of the day, it's my chosen profession. When your patient trusts you with his life you'd better not abuse that trust. Check on me in a couple of years though - I may be singing a different tune then!